It’s the most wonderful time of the year and Avalon, the Alpharetta mixed-use destination, is gearing up to once again be North Fulton’s home for the ho-ho-holidays! This year, Avalon has reimagined its signature Holiday Experience to offer more merry moments with smaller gatherings for the community.
Beginning Nov. 22, Avalon will kick off the holiday season with The Lighting of Avalon: A Twelve Day Celebration. Avalon has transformed the one-day tree lighting extravaganza to span 12 days filled with smaller, festive events for the whole family. At 7 p.m. each night during the 12-day celebration, guests will be dazzled by a spectacular stage fireworks show around Avalon’s grand 40-foot tree. More details are outlined below:
- Avalon on Ice Performances – Holiday magic is found gliding along the rink this season. Throughout the celebration, guests will experience festive ice skating performances from local talents as well as special live music concerts on the ice rink stage for guests to enjoy while skating or holiday shopping.
- Pop-up Concerts – While shopping and strolling down the Boulevard, local singer Chris Cauley will pop-up several times throughout the 12-day extravaganza with live music. Chris will perform atop Concierge, surprising and delighting guests with holly jolly tunes as they experience Avalon’s winter wonderland.
- Up On The Rooftop – Clink, clink, clink! On Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, grab your most festive friends for a festive rooftop happy hour, complete with craft cocktails, light bites and more.
In addition, Avalon will activate throughout the holiday season with a variety of festive experiences, including:
- Avalon on Ice – Lace those skates because Avalon’s Rockefeller Center-inspired ice rink returns starting Nov. 22. General admission tickets are $18 and $14 per child under nine, including skates.
- Holiday Market at Avalon – From Nov. 22 through Jan. 3, the holiday market will open at the corner of Avalon Boulevard and 1st Street, featuring a one-of-a-kind collection of local makers and merchants, as well as a festive pop-up bar featuring cocktails from Biltong Bar.
- City of Refuge Christmas Tree Lot – Beginning Nov. 23, Avalon has partnered with local nonprofit City of Refuge to provide families with the perfect Fraser and Balsam Fir Christmas trees. The lot will also feature garland and wreaths, and will be open until all trees are sold.
- Santa at Avalon – On Nov. 23, the jolly man in red will take up residence in an open-air, North Pole-inspired cottage in Palmer Plaza for another season of festive photo ops. Social distancing will be enforced and masks will be required until it's time for the photo. Throughout the season, Santa will also be available for outdoor story time and special breakfast appearances.
Each holiday experience will incorporate special safety protocols, such as pre-purchased tickets to control crowds, frequent cleanings and sanitization around property, encouraging the use of masks and more. To stay up-to-date on all of Avalon’s holiday happenings, visit www.experienceavalon.com.