Saturday, August 24th, 2019 from 10am-12pm
Johns Creek Clean up and Crawl! Join us for a City of Johns Creek initiative as we clean up our City’s namesake- Johns Creek. Homeowners along the creek are encouraged to venture into their backyards to help with the project. Debris and litter collected may be brought to Autrey Mill Nature Preserve where we will properly dispose of the waste.
Join us at Autrey Mill and follow us down to the Old Alabama Johns Creek overpass where we will dip our toes, survey for fish, gather litter, and learn the process for Adopt-A-Stream Bacterial Monitoring. Afterward, please join the Fulton County Department of Public Works on a tour of the Tom Lowe Atlanta Fulton Water Treatment Facility. The tour is restricted to the first 20 participants and requires a minimum of 10. Tour participants must be over the age of 7 and wear closed-toe shoes.
– 9:30 am Breakfast and Introductions at Autrey Mill
– 10 am Adopt-a- Stream Bacterial Sampling Demonstration at Johns Creek
– 10:30 am Creek Clean-Up- Gather and Talk Safety
– 12 pm Transport trash back to Autrey Mill and Break for Lunch (sack lunch)
– 12:45 pm Lowe Water Treatment Tour