Volunteers needed for boards, commissions



JOHNS CREEK, Ga. – Residents interested in serving on the Public Art Board, Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals can nominate themselves for board positions.

The Planning Commission reviews zoning cases and serves as a recommending body to the Mayor and City Council for the purpose of upholding and implementing the vision and objectives as outlined in Comprehensive Plan and accompanying regulatory ordinances such as zoning and subdivisions.

The Planning Commission meets on the first Tuesday of the month.

The Public Art Board reviews proposals for public art work and provides recommendations to the City Council as outlined in the Public Art Ordinance and Public Art Master Plan. The Public Art Board may develop standards for Public Art on City property.

The Public Art Board meets as proposals are received.

The Board of Zoning Appeals decides on cases requesting variances and/or code interpretations on the regulatory ordinances of the City, including but not limited to zoning and land development regulations.

Further, the board shall hear cases requesting an appeal to a staff interpretation and/or decision on the above referenced ordinances.

The Board of Zoning Appeals meets on the third Tuesday of each month.

For more info call 678-512-3200 or email info@JohnsCreekGA.gov.

View desktop version