FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — Several area parks reported burglaries and vandalism, according to separate Forsyth County Sheriff’s incident reports.
• Between 10 p.m. Oct. 6 and 9:45 a.m. Oct. 8, a thief stole two “Authorized Vehicle Only,” signs and damaged grassy areas in Chattahoochee Pointe Park in Suwanee. There was no evidence left at the scene for deputies to process.
• At Caney Creek Preserve Park in Cumming, thieves stole a water heater.
• Between 8 p.m. Oct. 9 and 10 a.m. Oct. 10, a thief entered the park after hours and stole the water heater from the restroom pavilion’s utility room. Nothing else of value was taken.
• Vandals did about $200 worth of damage to a door at Midway Park, 5100 Post Road.
• Between 7 p.m. Oct. 13 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 15, someone broke the vent on the door for the concession stand. Deputies think the vandals were trying to enter the concession stand, but were not successful. The deputies were not able to recover any finger or footprints from the door or surrounding area.
• Thieves at Fowler Park were looking for something sweet and sour. Between 6 p.m. Oct. 13 and 2 p.m. Oct. 14, thieves broke a glass window to break into a concession stand. In addition to $250, the perpetrators stole a box of Snickers candy bars and a box of Sour Patch Kids. The thief left several other boxes of candy and rolls of coins. Deputies were unable to find any other evidence to collect at the scene.