JOHNS CREEK, Ga. – Wondering what to do with that old washing machine in the basement? Get it off your hands at the Johns Creek Bulky Recycling Day drop-off, which is set for Friday, April 27.
Johns Creek residents can get rid of old and worn out stuff and benefit others by sharing furniture, appliances and other large household items at Johns Creek’s Bulky Items Recycling Day. A commercial document-shredder will also be available to dispose of old or sensitive records, with a 10-box limit.
“This event is intended to collect electronics, books and large items that can be recycled,” said Johns Creek Solid Waste Manager James Swope. “For large items not suitable for recycling, please use your private waste hauler’s curbside collection.”
The event, sponsored by the city’s Solid Waste Division and Keep Johns Creek Beautiful, is at State Farm’s Atlanta Operations Center, 11350 Johns Creek Parkway, near the intersection of Johns Creek Parkway and Lakefield Drive. Expect delays and please arrive well before 2 p.m.
Used items will be donated to charity.
The following items will be accepted in any condition:
• Appliances – refrigerators, washers, dryers
• Books, computers and accessories, televisions, cellphones
• Bicycles and metal items such as grills, furniture and so on
• Lawnmowers with fluids removed
The following items – in good shape only – will be accepted at the event:
• Bed frames, dressers, chests, armoires, mirrors, night stands, TV stands
• Dining tables, chairs, buffets, hutches, china cabinets, coffee/sofa/end tables
• Cribs, changing tables, highchairs, sofas, loveseats, armchairs, ottomans
• Lamps, kitchenware, linens, working microwave ovens
Please do NOT bring the following items:
• Anything torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound
• Mattress, box springs (unless new in original packaging), desks, file cabinets, office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers, clothing, toys, carpet/rugs, exercise equipment, pet equipment
• Hospital beds, waterbeds, light fixtures, window treatments, carpeting, playpens, strollers, car seats
• Paint, or household hazardous waste; any fluids including motor oil and anti-freeze
• Construction and demolition materials, yard debris, household trash, tires
For information, call 770-551-7766 or email email@example.com.