Last day for out of school district requests is Jan. 31 in Forsyth County



FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. -- The deadline for submitting the Out of District Request Form is January 31, 2013
CLICK HERE for the form
The following schools are listed as over capacity schools and will not accept out-of-district requests: Daves Creek ES, Kelly Mill ES, Midway ES, Shiloh Point ES, Vickery Creek ES, Whitlow ES, Lakeside MS, Otwell MS, Piney Grove MS, Riverwatch MS, Vickery Creek MS, Lambert HS, North Forsyth HS, South Forsyth HS, and West Forsyth HS.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Students with an approved out-of-district request may remain at their approved school and do not have to complete an out-of-district form each year. You must complete an out-of-district form when:
Redistricted but requesting to remain at current school (rising 5th, 8th, 10th, 11th and12th).
Moving from elementary to middle or middle to high and requesting a school other than their “home” school.
Moving into the Forsyth County School District or moving within Forsyth County and want to request a school other than their “home” school.
Requesting a change from the current approved out-of-district school.
Parents of out-of-district students must provide their own transportation. Application for out-of-district status does not guarantee acceptance. Families that have changed addresses must complete a Change of Address Form and supply their proof of residency (BOE Policy JBCAA)CLICK HERE for Change of Address Forms.
CLICK HERE for School District Attendence Maps!
Complete a separate out-of-district form for each child and attach any required explanation or documentation.
Permission for a child to attend school outside the attendance district will be granted when both principals and the Superintendent or designee have signed the application. All transfers granted shall be on a space and/or personnel basis. Space must be available in the school the student requests to attend. A list of elementary, middle and high schools that are at or above capacity (excluding portables) and therefore not eligible to receive out of district transfers (except foremployee’s children) and those redistricted are listed above. Please submit form to admitting school.
The following reasons for student out-of-district transfers will be considered: a) Program Need (admitting school Principal must verify a program need exists if school is not at/over capacity), b) Employee's Child, c) Sibling in Special Education Class, d) Moving within 90 Days, and e) Redistricted.
State law allows children of teachers to attend the school in which the parent or guardian is afull-time employee. The Board of Education policy states a student whose parent/guardian is a full-time employee shall be allowed to enroll in any Forsyth County School. The Forsyth County Board of Education and school district employees reserve the right to verify all information on the out-of-district form. If any false information is given,the transfer will be denied. In the event the transfer is granted and false information is discovered at a later date, the approval for transfer will be rescinded.
Parents are responsible for assuring the student complies with all school and board policies. Failure to do so may result in the revocation of the approval to attend the out-of-district school. Principals have the authority to deny or rescind out-of-district status if students and/or their parents have not followed school rules. Repeated tardies, unexcused absences, and/or poor academic progress may also be cause for revocation of out-of-district status.
eview Board Policy JBCD, Transfers and Withdrawals - CLICK HERE.
After review, parents and students will be notified by U.S. mail.
Parents and students are encouraged to reference the High School Course Digest to assist with program decisions. The Course Digest will be posted at on or before December 1, 2012.
Attending a school other than your districted school may result in loss of eligibility according to Georgia High School Association Constitution and By-Laws.

View desktop version