ATLANTA -- This fall, Georgia’s premier home show celebrates three decades of offering homeowners the latest innovations in home remodeling products and services. The 30th Annual Fall Atlanta Home Show will open its doors Friday-Sunday, Oct. 4-6, 2013 at the Cobb Galleria Centre with hundreds of exhibitors, exciting speakers, product demonstrations, giveaways and experts on every aspect of home and landscape improvements.
HGTV’s Chip Wade, star of Elbow Room, will bring his remodeling expertise and craftsman carpentry skills to the Show, and will speak Saturday, Oct. 5, at 1 and 3 p.m. General Admission tickets are $10, and may be purchased online at www.AtlantaHomeShow.com or at the Show’s entrance.
Wade, a Cumming resident, will speak on Appealing Spaces: Lessons Learned from TV Makeovers. The personable star of Elbow Room earned a degree in mechanical engineering from Georgia Tech and a certification in residential construction. TV audiences will recognize him from his appearances on Oprah and CNN as well as HGTV’s Designed to Sell, Curb Appeal: The Block, Showdown, and Design Star, in addition to Elbow Room.
“Home buying, selling, building and remodeling have all been on the increase this year,” said Michael Schoppenhorst, director of the Fall Atlanta Home Show. “Whether you are fixing up a home to sell, customizing a new home to suit your family or starting a home remodeling project, you’ll find the products and experts to help you succeed at the Fall Atlanta Home Show. Our featured speaker, HGTV’s Chip Wade, will have lots of good tips for remodeling and expanding your home, and since he lives right here in the metro Atlanta area, he’s familiar with local market conditions and homebuilding trends. Many exhibitors offer special savings to Show attendees, and with so many exhibitors in one location, it’s easy to comparison shop.”
Additional highlights of the Show include:
• The popular SeeThru House – This 3,000 square foot structure demonstrates what’s under the floor, behind the walls and above the ceiling in a typical home. ConsultAHomePro.com experts in construction, plumbing, electrical work, roofing, security and much more are on hand daily to answer questions.
• The Red Hare Backyard Beer Garden – Designed by Landscape Plans Plus, this outdoor oasis is the setting for adults to taste some of the specialty beers and ales brewed by Marietta’s Red Hare Brewing Company. A $5 donation admits those 21 and over to the tasting, with proceeds benefitting Hope Atlanta, the programs of Traveler’s Aid.
• Fire Safety Area – This life-saving exhibit teaches adults and children how to stay safe in case of a home fire. Presented by the Cobb County Fire & Emergency Services and Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation, this exhibit is a must-see for all families, and will include Fire Engine 343, donated to the Terry Farrell Firefighters Fund of Ga. in memory of the 343 firefighters who gave their lives during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center in New York.
• A Home for All Ages – This area will feature the latest universal design products and ideas including kitchen and bath design, furniture and safety devices designed to help adults comfortably live in their homes longer.
• Door Prize, Samples and Giveaways -- One lucky attendee will win a Kamado Joe Classic Joe Grill from Builder Specialties. Many exhibitors offer giveaways and samples to attendees.
Walter Reeves, the Georgia Gardener, will kick off the presentation schedule at noon on Friday, Oct. 4. Other favorite speakers throughout the weekend include HGTV’s Tonya M. Williams and Joe Washington. Saturday will begin with two live radio broadcasts. First, Walter Reeves will take the air with The Lawn and Garden Show, followed by Dave Baker, host of The Home Fix-It Show, both on FM 95.5 and AM 750 News/Talk WSB. See the full schedule at www.AtlantaHomeShow.com.
Show hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 5 and noon – 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 6. General Admission tickets are $10 and may be purchased in advance at www.AtlantaHomeShow.com or at the Show’s entrance. Children age 12 and under and adults age 65 and older (with I.D.) are admitted free. On-site parking is free. The Cobb Galleria Centre is located at Two Galleria Pkwy., Atlanta, Ga., 30339. The Fall Atlanta Home Show’s 24-hour information line is 770/798-1997.
Sponsors and promotional partners include Reliable Heating & Air, Window World, Country Financial, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 95.5 and AM 750 News/Talk WSB, Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine, AT&T Digital Life, ConsultAHomePro.com, Red Hare Brewing Company, HOPE Atlanta and National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).