(click for larger version)
April 10, 2013ALPHARETTA, Ga. – The city will begin construction of the new Alpharetta City Hall April 22 with a groundbreaking.
The project is on schedule and construction fencing will go up around the site by the end of the week, council was informed at their April 8 meeting.
"We're ready to turn dirt," said Councilman Chris Owens.
Mayor David Belle Isle agreed.
"For those who care about what Alpharetta is and what it should be, this should be fun," he said.
A change order was approved unanimously by council for $2.8 million to begin the construction by starting demolition, utility work and other site work while city documentation and permits on other portions of the project are being completed.
The change order was approved unanimously.
ALSO AT THE MEETING:
ALPHARETTA, Ga. – The city will spend $880,000 on milling and resurfacing of 21 streets within the city.
A total of $300,000 of that $880,000 will be paid for by a Local Maintenance Improvement Grant, with the city having to pay the remaining amount. The money was budgeted.
The city is on a rotating system of roads, grading them between 1 and 100 for quality of the road. The 21 roads to be resurfaced are graded between 36 and 41.
Some of the streets are subdivision neighborhoods, and Public Works Director Pete Sewczwicz said the city will work with them to inform them about the resurfacing so that any vehicles parked on the street are moved before the work crews arrive to tear up the road.
"It's going to be challenging with some subdivisions," he said. "They have to remove all on-street parking."
Construction is expected to take 45 days.
The city maintains over 500 lane miles of roadway.
Editor, Milton Herald
The 21 roads to be resurfaced are:
Tags: Government & News & Crime
• Windward Parkway from Camp Creek to Big Creek
• Waters Glen Way from Waters Road to the cul-de-sac
• Welwyn Walk from Sandridge Court to the cul-de-sac
• Windham Way from Tuxford Drive to 10875 Windham Way
• Guardsman Court from Kingsmark Trail to the cul-de-sac
• Laurens Oak Court from Waters Cove Way to the cul-de-sac
• Pinchon Place from Kingsmark Trail to the cul-de-sac
• Hopewell Plantation Drive from Cogburn Road to Penn Oak Court
• Cains Cove from Michaela Drive to the end
• Varina Way from Sandridge Court to the cul-de-sac
• Merroway Court from Cranchester Way to the cul-de-sac
• Fairleaf Court from Sugar Valley Trail to the cul-de-sac
• Kingsmark Trail from Centennial Drive to the cul-de-sac
• Harbour Point from Harbour Ridge Drive to the end
• Sophia Cove from Centennial Drive to the cul-de-sac
• Harbour Ridge Drive from Lake Windward Drive to Lake Windward Drive
• Big Creek Court from Big Creek Overlook to the end
• Lansburgh Turn from Sugar Valley Trail to the cul-de-sac
• Waters Ridge Drive from Waters Road to the cul-de-sac
• Sugar Valley Trail from Waters Road to the cul-de-sac
• Portico Point from Kingsmark Trail to the cul-de-sac
Part-timeDecember 11, 2013 | 01:25 PMRoswell GA CPA firm needs » Help WantedDecember 06, 2013 | 09:11 AMFitness Together, an upscale » CarsDecember 06, 2013 | 09:11 AMBeautiful Platinum Graphite »