Tags: Community & Outreach, Education News & School Sports
February 18, 2013FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. — Jeanne Marie Cowdrey was a beloved member of the Piney Grove Middle School staff, welcoming everyone who walked through the school's front doors for many years, and anyone who had any interaction with her around the front office here at Piney Grove knew she was a special person. Because of the impact she had on so many of us, the staff has looked for a way to pay tribute to Jeanne Marie and honor her memory in a tangible, lasting way.
Jeanne Marie was a founding board member of Jesse's House, Forsyth County's emergency shelter for children, dedicating more than 16 years to its mission.
A former board member called her, "the heartbeat of Jesse's House."
Piney Grove staff is proud to partner with Jesse's House to establish The Jeanne Marie Fund for Jesse's House.
This fund will provide enrichment opportunities for the girls cared for at Jesse's House, including trips to the Georgia Aquarium, outings to see plays and musical events, museum visits and more. It will also support internship opportunities for the girls, assisting with expenses such as transportation, clothing and other needs associated with internship work.
Jesse's House provides emergency care, serving as an "extended family" for young women in crisis. From basic care, housing and nutrition to tutoring to specialized counseling, the goal of Jesse's House is to provide healing and increase each girl's opportunities for future success.
The Jeanne Marie Fund for Jesse's House will support opportunities for greater enrichment and achievement.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
• Enrich a Life Wristbands $2 each on sale beginning Feb. 25.
• Get your special, limited-edition red wristband to show your sup-port for the Jesse's House mission to enrich the lives of young women. All of the proceeds benefit The Jeanne Marie Fund for Jesse's House.
Dine Out for Jesse's House February 25 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Enjoy a night out with family and friends and contribute toward the Jeanne Marie Fund for Jesse's House.
Restaurant partners will donate a portion of all sales between 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 25.
Just Dine Out at one of these Forsyth County location restaurant partners during this time and help enrich a life. Here are the restaurants participating:
• Chili's Cumming, 874 Buford Rd. in Cumming, GA 30041
• Mellow Mushroom, The Avenue, 410 Peachtree Pkwy., Cumming, GA 30041
• Dickey's BBQ, (across from the Avenue), 415 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming GA 30041
• Laredo's Mexican Bar and Grill (across from the Avenue), 405 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming, GA 30041.
• Buckhead Pizza (across from the Avenue), 415 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming, GA 30041
• Shane's Rib Shack (in front of Target), 2609 Peachtree Pkwy., in Suwanee, GA 30024
• Cheeseburger Bobby's (in front of Kohl's), 3630 Peachtree Pkwy., in Suwanee GA 30024
• Black Diamond Grill, 1485 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming, GA 30041
• Cici's Pizza, 2920 Ronald Reagan Blvd., in Cumming, GA 30041
• Tara Humata Mexican Restaurant, 6195 Windward Pkwy., in Alpharetta, GA 30005
• Gyro King, 869 North Main St., in Alpharetta GA 30009
• Norman's Landing, 365 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming, GA 30041
• Yogli Mogli, 405 Peachtree Pkwy., in Cumming, GA 30041
• Cheeky's The Avenue Forsyth, 410 Peachtree Pkwy., Cumming, GA 30041
• The Foster House, 305 West Main St., in Cumming, GA 30040.
• Which Wich at The Avenue Forsyth in Cumming.
• The Station House Restaurant, 125 Tribble Gap Rd. in Cumming. (Lunch only).
• Decker's Express at the Lakeland Plaza in Cumming. (Lunch only).