Firefighters from Alpharetta and Milton helped stop a fire at King’s Ridge Christian School May 16. No one was harmed and the incident was quickly contained. (click for larger version)
May 20, 2013
MILTON, Ga. – Smoke at a building under construction May 16 had fire crews out at King's Ridge Christian School.
Emergency services received a 911 call of a fire at 10:18 a.m., with the first fire unit responding to the school by 10:26 a.m.
According to George Gordon, spokesman for the Alpharetta Public Safety Department, the call was made by a construction worker who spotted the fire near the roof. Both Alpharetta and Milton emergency crews responded to the scene to put out the fire.
Both cities have a mutual response agreement, sharing police and fire services.
The building involved was a 4,000-square-foot addition to the school, located on Bethany Road, and is called the Kendrick Center for Life Impact.
Emily Bridges, marketing director for Choate Construction, said the smoke was caused by a grinding spark.
There were no injuries.
The $10 million school expansion was slated for completion in June.