Tags: Community & Outreach
Suggested items to include in a Thanksgiving package:
• $20 grocery store gift card (Publix, Kroger, Walmart, Target or others)
• Stuffing mix (preferably the kind where minimal added ingredients are needed, like water)
• Instant mashed potatoes, instant scalloped potatoes or bag of rice
• A can of cranberries or other canned fruit
• A can of pie filling
• Package of pie crust mix or graham cracker pie crust
• Canned vegetables like corn, carrots or green beans
• A complete muffin or cornbread mix
• Gravy mix or can of gravy
• Turkey baster, disposable aluminum foil roasting pan
• Paper napkins or plates in holiday theme
November 07, 2012NORTH FULTON, Ga. – Girl Scout Cadette Troop 27332, of the Milton Service Unit, has begun their annual Thanksgiving food drive with North Fulton Community Charities. This will be the third year of what they intend to be an annual event to provide Thanksgiving dinner baskets to more than 125 senior citizens.
The girls are asking their local North Fulton community to join them by putting together care baskets filled with the components to create a complete Thanksgiving meal that serves two senior citizens.
Their goal this year is to collect more than 125 baskets. All food items must be non-perishable and a grocery store gift card in the amount of $20 must accompany each basket to cover the cost of a small turkey breast and other perishable items to complete the meal.
Because the contents can be heavy, large laundry baskets or Rubbermaid tubs with handles work well as a container; or donations can be packaged in a lovely basket, a decorated sturdy box or a nice cloth grocery bag.
The package and the enclosed gift card must be delivered to the distribution site at Kings Market Shopping Center, 1425 Market Blvd. in Roswell, by Monday, Nov. 19. The site is open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
To register a donation, notify the Girl Scouts by email at GSShareTheHarvest@gmail.com and be sure to include contact information. NFCC will use these donation pledges to coordinate with the number of seniors who need assistance this Thanksgiving.