Johns Creek Community Association hosts community education workshops
Will focus on zoning, opening neighborhood pools
April 15, 2014
JOHNS CREEK, Ga. – The Johns Creek Community Association will host its next education event for members and the community on April 22 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. These are the previously postponed "Zoning 101" and "Tips for Homeowners' Associations on Opening the Pool."
JCCA hopes homeowner association members will attend the events and take what they learn back to their respective communities for those that cannot attend.
Session A – What every HOA board should know before opening the pool
Craig Sears, president of Sears Pool Management, is the presenter, and will focus on the following issues in this session:
• Are we inspection ready?
• Why VGB is back in 2014.
• How to conduct a facility safety audit.
• Identify and reduce high risk behaviors at the pool.
• Does my pool company have adequate insurance coverage?
• Am I staffing my pool correctly?
• How does someone drown in a life-guarded pool?
• Pool equipment life expectancy and budgeting.
• What's new in pool technology?
Session B – Zoning 101
In this session, residents will learn some of the basics about zoning in Johns Creek. Presenters are former JCCA President Cleve Gaddis and Johns Creek Zoning Administrator Jason Kirouac.
These sessions may be conducted simultaneously. However, depending on response, they may be presented sequentially so that residents may attend both.