ROSWELL, Ga. – CaraVita Home Care will be a host site for the Alzheimer's Foundation of America's National Memory Screening Day set for Tuesday, Nov. 19, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Call 770-643-1712 to schedule an appointment. CaraVita Home Care is at 648 Mimosa Boulevard, Roswell.
National Memory Screening Day is part of AFA's national initiative to promote early detection and intervention for those concerned about memory loss as well as to educate the public about successful aging.
The goals are to:
• Provide free, confidential memory screenings to those with memory concerns or who want to check their memory
• Eliminate the stigma and fears associated with dementia
• Encourage those with memory problems to follow up with an exam by a physician or other qualified healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis, treatment, social services and community resources
• Educate the public about Alzheimer's disease and successful aging
• Alleviate the fears of those who do not have a problem