ROSWELL, Ga. – It is time to mark your calendars because the Roswell Summer Puppet Series returns for its 16th season at the Roswell Cultural Arts Center. And it is kicking off with a certain great and powerful wizard that has been in the movies lately.
Yes, the opening show will be the timeless "Wizard of Oz" presented by the Frisch Marionettes June 3 – 8.
But that is only the beginning. Seven puppeteer troupes will make their way to the Cultural Arts Center June 3 through July 20.
This season, the Roswell Summer Puppet Series features nationally renowned puppeteers bringing all varieties of puppets and marionettes to the stage for a collection of whimsical and captivating performances.
Tickets are available online for the series. To purchase tickets, visit www.roswellpuppets.com and select the performance you would like to attend. Tickets may also be purchased by cash, check or charge 30 minutes prior to show time at the Cultural Arts Center.
Shows begin June 3 and will run until July 20. Show times are Monday through Saturday at 10 a.m., with additional shows Wednesdays and Fridays at 1 p.m. Cost is $5 for children under 11, and $6 for ages 12 and up.
The Roswell Summer Puppet Series:
• June 3 – 8: "Wizard of Oz" presented by Frisch Marionettes
• June 10 – 15: "The Reluctant Dragon" presented by All Hands Productions
• June 17 – 22: "Stinky Cheese Man" presented by Paul Mesner Puppets
• June 24 – 29: "Velveteen Rabbit" presented by Applause Unlimited
• July 1 – 6: "Circus Fanta Sea" presented by Lee Bryant
• July 8 – 13: "Three Bears" presented by Tucker Tales Puppet Theatre
• July 15 – 20: "Beauty and the Beast" presented by Roz Puppets
The Roswell Cultural Arts Center is located at 950 Forrest Street, behind the Roswell Library.